Karly in the field

Karly in the field
Write to Karly at:karly.willes@mylds.net

Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday Oct 6th 2014

PASCAGOULA MISSISSIPPI.
(that's PASS- KUH- GOO- LUH) (OR PASS-A-GOO-LUH, depending on how southern you are (;  )
My address:
2816 Eden St. #515
Pascagoula MS 39581
So I'm about 4 hours away from Tallahassee. So I'm only an hour ahead of Salt Lake (: Which isn't so bad.
The humidity hasn't gotten SUPER bad yet, and since it's almost winter it shouldn't be getting any worse.
I love the people here. The members ARE SO NICE. Every single day this week someone from the ward is feeding us dinner. Our bishop here is SO DEDICATED. He works so hard, and is so willing to help us with anything we might need. His family owns chickens, so they give us eggs whenever we need them (:

My companion is the most beautiful girl ever! I forgot to bring the cord to my camera, but I'll show pictures next week! Sister Maxwell is from Draper, UT. She is a little bit taller than me, and has the most beautiful smile (: I love working with her. She's been on the mission since July, so she's fairly new, too!
Our apartment is SO nice. We have our own washer and drier. There's a small gym here, so we can work out in the air conditioning (: instead of the humidity. I feel so sticky sometimes, but it is NOTHING compared to Cambodia.
The people here are absolutely darling. They have honest hearts beyond compare! Sometimes it is hard for me to understand what they're saying, but apparently my Utah accent is hard for them to understand, too (;
Right now we are teaching two recent converts. Krissy is in her 20s, and just has the most awesome desire to continue to change and live the word of God. 
Maggie is 16 and just the cutest thing (: She has Autism, but her understanding of the gospel is SPOT ON. She understands that you can only receive joy by acting on the faith which you have in the Lord.
One of our investigators, Romar, should be getting baptized on November 1! He just needs to finally kick the smoking addiction. But he has the desire to stop! So we're almost there (:  
General Conference was AWESOME. Romar was absolutely thrilled with hearing the words of the prophet! His testimony is so strong, and his willingness to seek the word of God and find if HE thinks it is true continues to amaze me.
Well, I wouldn't be a missionary if I didn't invite y'all to come unto Christ in some way:
SO. I invite you to choose ONE thing you can do this week to come closer to Christ. 
And mom, Could you please say a morning prayer with Tanner every day? And if Cooper will let you, you can do it with him, too? I know that as you pray as a family you will experience more tender mercies in your life.
Love you lots! 
Sister Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment