Karly in the field

Karly in the field
Write to Karly at:karly.willes@mylds.net

Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13th From Mississippi

Here is Karly's letter and pictures for the week of Oct. 13th.  I can still hear her voice when I read what she writes. :P

I should have clarified: I have my cord (: I had just left it at my apartment.. sorry! 
Thanks for helping figure out everything! Could you get me James Cosgrove's contact information? Like his email? And Can you do the same for Allie Neff?? I want to write her.   I hope that dad's surgery went well, please tell me the details!

Can you ask Tanner if there is anything that I can do for him? I'd love to help him in anyway I can! 

And the same goes for the rest of the family!
This week was full of so many interesting things! It started out pretty slow, we didn't have a lot of people who were home when we scheduled to meet with them. So we would go from one person to the next, with the same result. But finally we were able to ask the bishop if he needed us to visit people: and oh did he! He gave us a list of probably thirty people. And so we've been working on checking on those people (: It has been such a blessing to meet these less active members and to hear their conversion story!
The highlight of my week: WE TAUGHT A FAMILY!!!!!! Not only that, the spirit was there through the whole lesson testifying of the truth. Especially when we told them of Joseph Smith's first prayer. The power didn't come from our words, though. We have been memorizing JSH 1: 16-18 ish when it says "I saw a pillar of light...... This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him."
Dang. SO powerful. Every time I say it during a lesson I feel weird copying the scripture, but I never regret using it (:
If y'all get a chance to see "MEET THE MORMONS" please do> Because I can't. And so many of the members down here aren't able to, either /: The closest theater playing it is in Hattiesburg.... and I don't even know where that is. haha. 
But anyway: Appreciate what you have. Because God loves you and blesses you with EVERYTHING. Especially Families. Continue to pray EVERYDAY. 
I love you all and hope that you'll find something every day this week to be grateful for (:
Love,
Sister Willes

Oh! Here's pictures:
Me and My MTC companion, me and my friend Gabrielle (She's in Paris now!) (:, and then the pascagoula beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment