Karly in the field

Karly in the field
Write to Karly at:karly.willes@mylds.net

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Dad's First email

Randy let me read his email to Karly, so I could see her response.  It was too sweet not to share:
Hey sweet Karly

Moms been keeping me up on your e-mails but I thought I might  send you one myself.

Have you adjusted to a 24/7 roommate all the way yet?
Caught on to the local language?
Staying busy?

I'm healing good and staying busy with the house/the boys/cooking ect..
Just finished my continuing education classes (12 hours of online fun) so I can 
renew my Master Plumbers licence.

I've watched lots of movies and got lots of naps the last 4 weeks.
Off all the hardcore drugs 10 days ago and only taking Tylenol 2-3 times a day.
Its hard not being able to walk but with my kneeling scooter and the crutches 
I can go just about anywhere I need to.
Went down stairs for the first time today to get some things to make dinner.
It was not too hard but took some time. It is alot easier to get the boys to bring stuff up
but they are at school and my was sleeping in.

Its been wonderful to spend the whole morning with your mom with out anyone around.
Rather  we lay in bed/do house things/be on the computer/eat breakfast it's great just to be together
 and talk and enjoy each others company!!!!!! 

Hope your able to make many many friends while you are gone!!
Hope you always have joy in your heart!!!
Hope everyone can see the LOVE in your heart!!

Be safe, show love and know you are in my thoughts

Dad 

Hi! I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well (: 
Here's my quote of the day to explain why you are just so happy to be with mom: Elder Gordon B. Hinckley, then a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, quoted the following counsel of President McKay: “A father can do no greater thing for his children than to let them feel that he loves their mother” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1971, 82; or Ensign,June 1971, 72).
I've totally adjusted to having a companion, but I do look forward (but not too much) to being alone after the mission. It helps that my companion is awesome and she's not over bearing. We're both not super touchy-feel kind of girls. We talk things out. It's just so great (:
I've met so many amazing people that I love here! It's fantastic! 
I don't think I will ever understand the Southern Language or people. I have the HARDEST time understanding what black people are saying, especially when they're in their 50s/60s. But luckily the Spirit always guides me in what to say (: 
Love you! Have a great and speedy recovery! i think of you all often!
Sis Willes



No comments:

Post a Comment