Karly in the field

Karly in the field
Write to Karly at:karly.willes@mylds.net

Monday, November 17, 2014

Nov 17th letter from Karly

I can't remember if I mention this story:
Sis Maxwell and I had cancellations up the wall. We had tried and failed to see all of our back ups. So we looked in the GPS, found a persons name that we knew was on the roster. Then went to his house. The first thing he says to us: "Who sent you here?"
"uhm.. No one."
"Are you sure it wasn't my mother?"
"Ha no, it wasn't your mother..."
"It must have been God then!" (Uhmm.. I guess so?)

And so now we are privileged to teach his non member fiance and her two sons (: And eat delicious Puerto Rican and Dominican Republic food.
When we told the bishop of the experience he was very surprised. He told us the Spanish elders had gone by to visit them literally two weeks ago and they said they weren't interested in having the missionaries over.

So for Christmas: I would really love "The Best Two Years" Soundtrack on CD. Or David Archuleta's Christmas album with the Mo-Tab (on CD as well). Journals. Uhmm. . . . Money for ice cream (: I'll be sending home a few clothes soon since I can't wear them while I'm riding a bike. I'm also sending my Cambodia skirt since I kind of got a hole in it ): I was wondering if maybe Grandma Willes could fix it? It just needs to be hemmed up more, ideally.
I should mention: I might not be at the same address on Christmas. So either make sure my package arrives BEFORE DECEMBER 15 (transfer day) OR wait for my email that Monday to verify where my current address will be on Christmas Week.

As for this week: We haven't been able to see Herman ): We're not sure if he's super sick, or trying to dodge us, or what. It's crazy. We keep praying and fasting, because we don't know what else to do> And it doesn't seem like it is working. But we know it is. Just not in the way we want it to, or in a way we can see yet. God knows best, though. We know our efforts are not being wasted.
Romar is still confusing us. He has totally stopped smoking. That's not even a temptation for him. He LOVES looking up general conference talks/ reading the scriptures/ praying/ and coming to church activities. He simply doesn't want to be baptized for a "few months or years." Even though he also knows that only through baptism can you reach eternal life. Which he REALLY REALLY wants to receive eternal life. He tells us that ALL OF THE time. He also tells us the importance of baptism. So we're very confused as to why he is postponing this crucial decision.

​We have been trying to find new people to teach, but so far no luck. We'll keep trying, though (:

That's about it! Remember to Pray!!

"​ Which parent in Book of Mormon times would have let their sons march out to the front of battle without a breastplate and shield and sword to protect them against the potentially mortal blows of the enemy? But how many of us let our children march out the front door each morning to the most dangerous of all battlefields, to face Satan and his myriad of temptations, without their spiritual breastplate and shield and sword that come from the protective power of prayer? The Lord said, “Pray always, … that you may conquer Satan” (D&C 10:5). As parents, we can help instill within our children the habit and power of morning prayer. "

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/parents-the-prime-gospel-teachers-of-their-children?lang=eng

I asked Karly in my letter what she wanted for Christmas.  That is why she gave me her wish list.  I hate the thought of having Thanksgiving and Christmas without her.  But I remind myself that we will get to skype with her on Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment