Karly in the field

Karly in the field
Write to Karly at:karly.willes@mylds.net

Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving

​The time as a missionary is flying by oh so fast! I just don't know what to do with it!!
This week our goal was to talk to EVERYONE we saw. Which we totally succeeded at. However, we might stay away from this idea now. Some of the people we talked to were very strange. There was one man who kept contradicting himself every other sentence. Luckily, we have the gospel (: So we know the complete and whole truth through the restoration of the priesthood! yay!!
Herman is probably in the hospital again, he hasn't been home all week or answering his phone ): 
Romar continues to tell us how important it is to be baptized.. yet he won't tell us why he wants to wait to be baptized. So very interesting.
I think the most frustrating thing as a missionary is setting so many goals and not reaching them, but not having control over that. We make goals to reach our other goals, but other peoples' agency interferes. ​
That has been our struggle this week. However, we just keep working even harder (: So far we haven't seen much of our efforts; we know that we are helping people, though.
We're hopefully spending Thanksgiving with the "less active" family we met last week. (: I'm super excited.
And can I just say I hate the term "less active?" Because sometimes it means the person is completely inactive, while other times it means they only attend once every other month. Or just once a year. There needs to be more accurate terminology. I guess I'll deal with that when I get home, though (;
My invitation: Write down 5 things you're grateful for from every day this week. No repeats.


I am sending Karly some Thanksgiving treats that my mom, my cousin, and I made.  I hope she enjoys them and that I get to the post office tomorrow. :)

1 comment: