Karly in the field

Karly in the field
Write to Karly at:karly.willes@mylds.net

Monday, December 15, 2014

Wendy Willes 

8:25 AM (10 hours ago)
to Karly
I have Christmas off.  Lets skype at 11am Utah time.  gma and gpa walton will be here.  And Austen if I tell him to.
We got your letter today.

I have a new work schedule.  I am working 9- 5:30 now.  Every Sudnay off but one rotating week day off.  Usually tue or wed.
xoxo
mom

Karly Willes

11:49 AM (7 hours ago)
to me
Awesome! it's set! what's your skype ID? and I'll only have 30 minutes, so presents probably wouldn't work.
I received all of the packages-- they were great! thank you so much (: I'm staying in Pascagoula for this transfer! and I'll be training a new sister: so I'll probably be here for another 3 months!
Sister Karly Willes
2816 Eden St #515
Pascagoula, MS 39581
I am able to still use my debit card, I just don't have access to calling them unless I ask for permission.. Which is just inconvenient. haha. 

It's going to be CRAZY to be training a new sister. I feel like I hardly know enough, but apparently the Lord thinks I know all that I need. And since He knows all: I'll just be the servant He needs.
Last night was AWESOME. We were able to teach Herman again! (: He is such an awesome guy. His heart is in the right place- and he understands that baptism is a serious covenant. I totally cried when we taught him last night: He was talking about how he wasn't sure he had enough faith. Then Sis Maxwell and I told him we had a lot of faith in him. He was so surprised. I don't think he realizes how much we think of him and how greatly we care. He is just so awesome! We want the best for him. His cancer hasn't been too kind lately. We're just hoping that he'll be able to continue building his faith in Christ.
One of the members here told us a story of how one of the first missionaries down here (like in Joseph Smiths' time) said it would be easier to Burn down the South and do all of their work, rather than try to teach them. And for a long time I've agreed with it. But then I read in Alma 26 and I realized that the Lamanites were SO MUCH WORSE than the people I know. If the Lamanites could accept the gospel: I know ANYONE here can, too. I just have to have faith in THEM.
Cool fact: Herman fought in Vietnam, and he was stationed in Cambodia for a time. He helped fight to help some of the people I hold most dearly in my heart. I feel such a greater appreciation for our Veterans, now. I never realized how unpatriotic I was until I came down here. The Southerners LOVE America. I'm starting to grow to LOVE it, too.
Challenge: Share the gift. Moroni 7--> ALL good gifts come of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment