Karly in the field

Karly in the field
Write to Karly at:karly.willes@mylds.net

Monday, March 16, 2015

It's a great week!

To start off the week, CHRISTY GOT MARRIED (: So that's kind of a big deal... We had so much fun getting ready and preparing the decorations and all for her. She was completely surprised and just so happy! Even greater was the weekend! On Saturday we went to Niceville with Christy to Ron and Kellie Daugherty's baptism!!!!!!! (: SO I was super thrilled to see them become closer as a family, Ellis was super happy, and I just bawled the whole time! Kellie's mom had passed away a couple of weeks ago and I just kept thinking of how PERFECT the Lord's timing is. Had they not known about the Plan of Salvation, they wouldn't have had as much peace and comfort these past few weeks as they do. Now they have the Holy Ghost, too, for a constant companion!! (: Christy thought the baptism was super great... so she was WAY excited for her baptism the next day! (: Her baptism was super happy and joyful, the spirit was definitely present and we just were all super happy and bubbly and smiling! We held it after church and the support was amazing. 
We have 3 super amazing Women in our ward (there are definitely others; but I haven't had the privilege of knowing everyone yet)
Sister Cheryl Harris, Kim Cunningham, and Lydia Golden. They did SO much for Christy out of their own desires. It was overwhelming to see the love and kindness they so willingly gave. Without them nothing would have been possible these past few weeks, and especially these past two weeks. I'm super grateful for them and I hope I can be great member missionaries like them when I go home. 

Sister Udy goes home this week, so that will be a sad time. But for now we are just soaking in every second and working harder than ever (: We love our companionship and are excited to see how our lives will be forever influenced because of our bond. I will be staying in Fort Walton for another 6 weeks with Sister McClellan!!!!!! (: And boyyyy am I excited!! The love I have for both her and Sister Udy, and the love they have for me helps us to realize how much the Lord loves us and what it is that He needs us to do. We've been the means of helping the Lord accomplish His miracles in these past 5 weeks, and I can't wait to keep doing more!

I truly am the happiest I have been, and I think most of it is really because I have chosen to be happy. There are so many great things happening, but even when the bad moments come I just can't help but smile. I hope all is going well for everyone else, too (:

“Don’t give up. . Don’t you quit. You keepwalking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead—a lot of it—30 years of it now, and still counting.You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end.Trust God and believe in good things to come.”
-Jeffrey R. Holland
Sister Karly  Willes
1535 Killearn Ctr Blvd Ste C-3
Tallahassee, FL 32309

1 comment:

  1. A member of the ward told me her emails are not getting to karly. I told her to leave messages here on the blog. But Karly replied back with this "hey! I"m about to leave, but I"m so glad things are going well! I can't go to my blog, so I don't get to read the comments... so I don't know what to tell her.. unless she's typing my name wrong>?
    I love you and I did get the package! (: so all is well! thanks!! "

    ReplyDelete