Karly in the field

Karly in the field
Write to Karly at:karly.willes@mylds.net

Monday, June 22, 2015

ABC's of the mission

Something I'm starting to do since we live by a Uhaul is finding all 50 states in alphabetical order! (: Here's the first 3~ I'm just waiting on Arkansas to come around! haha.
This week was full of stress. I just want people to progress SO BADLY that sometimes I forget that they need their agency. Merle came to church!! (: First time in six weeks! So that was a huge blessing!! We were able to find a new investigator who is an ancestor of Joseph Smith! We were able to have a lot of fun activities with the ward members and to build more trust with them. I really love the area and the people here (: I would be content staying here the rest of my mission!
Funny story:
So we went to try a potential. I knocked on the door, a girl answered. I asked her if she was Matilda, she said "Es mi." So I started speaking to her in Spanish..... then she awkwardly stared at me and said. "I don't speak Spanish."
SO awkward... haha. So now I'm hesitant to speak Spanish to people.
Until next week!
Displaying DSCN6926[1].JPG
Displaying DSCN6948[1].JPG
Displaying DSCN6932[1].JPG
"this is now Wendy... I wrote Karly and told her about a friend of her's who was killed on his motorcycle last week, and I sent her a half way package, and I asked what she would want for her bday. I also updated her on some of our family struggles.  Here is the response to that."

That's hard to hear! One of the missionaries in our area had someone in his family pass away this weekend, too. It's nice to know that we have the gospel perspective, though (: With the Plan of Salvation in mind, death is really not that hard to bear!
I'm glad work is getting better! Just keep looking forward to the bright horizon. Read this talk by jeffrey r. Holland: 

Thanks for the package! i did get it (: and loved it!
Much love,
Si Willes. 
oh for gifts, I'd like new garments... haha. Dri-lux 3x small. for tops... and I'll figure out the new sizing for my bottoms and let you know in a couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment