Karly in the field

Karly in the field
Write to Karly at:karly.willes@mylds.net

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Here we go again!

This week was amazing! Sis Stradinger and I just hit the roads and did TONS OF finding and TEACHING!!! We taught a total of 17 lessons this week (: It felt amazing! At the end of the week we didn't have any investigators show up to church..... BUT ALMOST ALL OF THE Recent Converts and Less-Active members we are working with did come!! It was SO AWESOME. I seriously was so happy (: Christy, Stephanie, Sarah & Virgil, Bill, and quite a few others showed up. It just made me so happy to see them put church as a priority in their life, especially because the Sabbath day is SO important. I noticed it a little bit back home, but while being on my mission I've noticed the WORLD of a difference it makes in peoples lives. Go to church!!!! Keep the Sabbath day holy!!! Receive BLESSINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Cool experiences about following the spirit:
Tuesday- walking back from church to our apartment and we walk past a family and say hi... and keep walking...... and then as we turn around the block I couldn't help but feel like we needed to go back and talk to them. So we did! And we were able to teach them (: We'll be seeing them again this week, and I'm SO excited to help them know that they can have an ETERNAL family!

Friday- Walking around before we went to a lesson with a guy named John, and we walk past someone sitting on their porch. We say hi, and then just keep going.. then the spirit kicks in again telling me to turn around. So I tell Sis Stradinger we need to talk to her, and she says "Which one?" (I didn't realize there was another lady across the street sitting on her porch too... haha.) I don't even answer her, I just start walking towards the lady I saw. Her name is Beverly! She's super cool, a widow and just trying to get things put together in her life. She told us that she had just come out because she was trying to ask God what she should do. So naturally we show up! (: We gave her a book of mormon, and her friend who was in the house opened the window and asked us if we were the Jehovah Witnesses and then saw we were mormons and she started asking us for all of the pamphlets because she LOVES them. She had investigated the church in North Dakota!! So now we're able to help Keesha and Beverly come closer to Christ! and It's super exciting (: haha. I was so grateful that I listened to the spirit instead of to my carnal thoughts. Even if things are awkward, as soon as the spirit is present you can't but help feel God's love! (:

I am so very grateful to be on a mission... and to LOVE IT most days. (: I love it here in Fort Walton!
I saw a turtle the other day!!! (: And here's the picture of my "mini me", Fiona. And Connecticut FINALLY made it around to the Uhaul. 


Sister Karly  Willes
​772 Rockport Ct #8
Fort Walton Beach FL 32548




No comments:

Post a Comment