Karly in the field

Karly in the field
Write to Karly at:karly.willes@mylds.net

Monday, August 31, 2015

I asked her about the animals she had seen. Here is the reply.

(:  I'm so glad things are going better! Y'all are in my prayers! I've seen a lot of animals and insects! haha. Possums, squirrels(Sis McClellan and I call them land dolphins), rats, cockroaches, jelly fish, alligators, eagles, hawks, panthers, TONS OF DOGS and cats, spiders, ferrets, fish (there's a pet store we will walk into sometimes to get a break from the heat(: ) the weather has started to cool down FINALLY! I'm SOOO happy! The humidity has been lowering a bit, as well. So far we don't look like we're in any imminent danger for hurricanes. Most likely we'll just get a bunch of rain. If something were to happen, we have a family we're designated to stay with and the mission also would evacuate us before anything for-see-able would occur. 
Life as a missionary is truly so GREAT. I feel extremely blessed.........
especially because I'M STAYING IN FORT WALTON FOR ANOTHER 6 WEEKS (: #webeblessed Here in the land of Zion, the members are getting more and more united... IT'S AMAZING. I'm so grateful to see the change that has occurred from February to now (: Things are coming full circle. Sister Miller and I will be staying together (dream come true!) and Sister Stradinger will be leaving. We'll be getting another companion again! Which Sister Miller will be training! (: I am so excited for this next transfer.
I love the quote from Elder Uchtdorf,

"
Part of our challenge is, I think, that we imagine that God has all of His blessings locked in a huge cloud up in heaven, refusing to give them to us unless we comply with some strict, paternalistic requirements He has set up. But the commandments aren’t like that at all. In reality, Heavenly Father is constantly raining blessings upon us. It is our fear, doubt, and sin that, like an umbrella, block these blessings from reaching us.

His commandments are the loving instructions and the divine help for us to close the umbrella so we can receive the shower of heavenly blessings."


Obedience truly does bring blessings!

Sister Karly  Willes
772 Rockport Ct #8
Fort Walton Beach FL 32548




No comments:

Post a Comment